October 23

Oy. I've been slacking with the blogging lately. 

More specifically, I've been slacking with the picture-taking, which has led to slacking with the blogging. Perhaps I've been in a funk this week. I keep looking out our front windows at our neighbor's beautiful tree, with leaves in shades of red and orange and yellow and green, with a pile of fallen leaves below it, with afternoon sunlight lighting it up like it's on fire, and I keep intending to take my girls out there and photograph them in the leaves... but I just haven't done it. I have a million legitimate excuses, but still. I just haven't done it. 

Instead, the few shots on my camera from this week look mostly like this:
 Lily, wearing Caleb's "Star Student" crown. He was at school, and she was really pleased with herself.

See? Pleased. 
Also? Those four teeth. So funny! But seriously - will the girl ever get any more teeth, or will she be 12 and all of her friends will be complaining about braces and she'll be like, "I wish I could get braces, but I only have FOUR TEETH!"?

Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic about the teeth.

This girl is full of spunk, just like another girl I know...

Today was Daisy's school picture day, and I asked her how she smiled for the photographer. She showed me this face, but I'm pretty sure she didn't actually make that face at the poor person with the camera.

And this is why I haven't blogged in almost five days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment