November 30

Sally, Grace, and Adam came over for breakfast this morning. Caleb and Daisy were thrilled to get more playtime with their beloved aunts and uncle. After a while, though, I realized I hadn't heard from the children in a bit too long. I searched around and eventually found this in Daisy's room:
Caleb and Daisy had talked Sally into reading to them. Too sweet!

They were really happy.

Then Grace joined them, and they were even happier!

At lunchtime, the family left and we put kids down for naps. My mom came over and Chris took me out to a movie! Hooray! We were gone for 3.5 hours, and Mom reported that Lily was great the whole time. Yay!

Here's Lily at dinner time. I fixed the lighting of this photo - twice - in photoshop, but for some reason my corrections didn't save and I'm too lazy to investigate. But I wasn't sure if I had mentioned that this is how we've been doing dinner for at least the past month or two. Lily sits in her high chair and watches us eat, occasionally  joining in the conversation. On Thanksgiving she surprised me by showing me that she knew exactly what to do with a glass of water; while I held it, she pulled it to her mouth and slurped. Apparently she's paying attention at dinner time!

And just for fun, here's a little dinner time video:

Since December begins tomorrow I took down our Thankful Tree. Here it is, in all its glory:

This year, Caleb was thankful for our friends Caleb and Hannah, that Darth Vader turned to the light side, church, Tate, Jesus, Thanksgiving, Tigerlily, St. Nicholas, Maxie, Mommy, our house, our back yard, Daisy, Lily the baby, God watching over us, our Christmas tree and stuff, Star Wars, Grandma and Grandpa, Daddy, Grandmother and Grandad, the birdies outside, Elmo, Ms. Amy, playing outside, our neighbors, the deer in our back yard, and Hannah.
Daisy was thankful for Chewbacca, Luke, Tate, Baby Trixie, Jace, Mommy's coffee (I drink Mommy's coffee!), apples, Daddy, butterflies, our house, water, Grandad, Carter, Caleb, Mimi, Mommy, Tigerlily, Max, Ryan, Billy, reindeer, trees, mango, Grandmother, Lily, and Darth Vader.

No comments:

Post a Comment