October 4

Daisy is five months old today! I know it's a cliche, but I can't believe how these months have flown by. It seems like just moments ago that she was a helpless little ball of deliciousness, but now she's rolling and almost sitting and laughing hysterically at her big brother's antics. It's really fun, and I'm postive that it will keep getting better and better.

Some birthday pics:

Those eyes + those jiggly jowls = love!

She's so fascinated by Caleb, and he loves entertaining her!

Yep. I put her in a pumpkin.
Do you remember when I put Caleb in a pumpkin? It looked like this:

He was only three months old at the time, but look at how much chubbier than her he was!

Back to Daisy: 
She really enjoyed the leaves.

My big girl! She's so close to sitting on her own; I think she'll have it in a few more weeks.

I had to keep this photo to commemorate her everything-goes-in-the-mouth phase. The shoes didn't work on her feet, but they were great for chewing!

At five months, Daisy:
weighs somewhere around 13 pounds. She's tiny. I'm OK with it.
rolls both ways
has completely rejected the idea of sleeping through the night, and prefers to sleep right next to me and nurse every two hours. If she weren't so skinny, if she had her own bedroom, I'd be all over the night weaning. But for this girl, I'm nursing through the night.
just decided she's done being swaddled at night, but is still figuring out how to go to sleep (and stay asleep) without the swaddle
has forgotten how to nap (are you sensing a trend here? Sleep problems. But I know it's normal and it will pass, so I'm not fretting. Look at me. I'm so laid-back. La-de-dah. Not a care in the world. Right?)
loves her brother. Caleb, and Caleb alone, will make her laugh like a crazy woman.
is still exclusively breastfed. We'll try solids sometime after six months.

As for Caleb, well... 
I looked up from my breakfast preparation this morning to find him with the cord of the Wii nunchuck around his neck. (But not in a dangerous way.) He grinned up at me and said, "Now you just like Daddy!" It took me a while to realize that he was pretending the cord was a necktie. He was really proud of himself!

Later, a present came in the mail. It wasn't actually a present; it was part of his Halloween costume. After much debate and parental discussion, I chose to open the box and let him play with it. What was it?

A rescue pack and Baby Jaguar!
He's going to be Diego from Go, Diego, Go! for Halloween. I'm making the rest of the costume myself, but the rescue pack is the crucial component, so I chose to purchase it. I was $3 short of free shipping, so I threw Baby Jaguar in, too. Caleb was really happy, and I'm thinking about repurposing the rescue pack as a diaper back. I think I'll be the smartest mom ever if I can trick my toddler into carrying his own diaper bag!

And one more Daisy.
This five-month-old is disappointed in the Cardinals' performance tonight, and hopes they fare better in their next game against the Phillies.


No comments:

Post a Comment